About You (the Project Manager)
We’re seeking a meticulously detailed and effective communicator to join our team with immediate effect. You’re the missing link to our quickly growing digital offering and will help to coordinate and deliver the digital output across the agency.
Standout is a growing £1m division of a £6m group (Swan Retail). A dynamic integrated creative agency based in the heart of Leicester. Our team is talented and down to earth (easy to work with) and are all committed in driving our clients forward through excellent marketing tools and outstanding creative. We are seeking a Project Manager in its truest sense and we’re not confusing this role with Account Management. Your role would be to liaise directly with our clients whilst coordinating our account management and production teams alongside our technical partners within the Swan Retail Group to deliver eCommerce, brochure websites and a wider range of digital solutions.
You will be entirely focused on our digital output, coordinating everything from costing, scoping and quoting through to design, build, testing and launch. You will help to instil and maintain the processes needed for a busy and growing digital team to ensure the timely delivery of projects to agreed client budgets and timelines. We’re after a new team member with energy and character who communicates openly, honestly and are there to assist our clients and our production teams in delivering industry-leading digital solutions.
- Excellent verbal communicator
- Detailed and accurate written communication
- Calm, without ego, positive and forward thinking
- A diplomatic challenger who can rationalise and justify decision making
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
A professional project management qualification would be desirable but we would be happy to provide support and training for the right candidate. The position would be office based but our customers are based all over the UK and Eire, so we need someone who is able to travel, sometimes at short notice.
- Comprehensive digital process understanding including: Site Planning, Site Design, Site Build, Site Launch, SEO and Maintenance
- Strong experience within Ecommerce as well as informational websites
- Good understanding of user experience, user journey and best practice
- Knowledge and understanding of WordPress, WooCommerce and eCommerce as a whole
- Strong understanding of all web related technology and devices
- Proven track record of planning, managing and aiding production teams to deliver websites
- Understanding of the wider digital picture including email integration, data and GDPR, social integration and digital marketing objectives
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Google Analytics with the ability to interpret results and make recommendations based on knowledge and insight
- You’re highly organised, self motivated and a stickler for detail and audit trails
- You’re proficient in managing resources and identifying resource needs well ahead of time
- You’re a positive, constructive, logically thinking, calm and considered doer who is capable of making things happen and coordinating multiple stakeholders both internally and externally.
Working with our team
You’ll work in our compact team from our centrally based studio in Leicester’s Creative Quarter. You’ll head into the Phoenix Cinema, Art Centre, café and workspaces in the morning from 9am. There are countless places to park and an ever-increasing number of good coffee outlets on approach. You can drive to the door of our offices, arrive by train, which is just a few minutes away by foot, or strategically avoid the parking charges and park in Knighton or Clarendon Park and enjoy a brisk short walk across Victoria Park and down the hill to the city. It’s up hill on the way home but there are plenty of buses – and Leicester still has Uber, of course!
You’ll have a spacious desk, the latest kit, quiet sounds from Sonos in the background and a consistent supply of coffee and the odd homemade cake and of course, Free Fruit Mondays.
Take a look at our sector focus or portfolio of work and you’ll have an idea of the types of clients we work with and the types of projects we undertake. It’s broad in terms of output but to summarise would be that we create effective marketing tools (eCommerce, websites, brochures, brand identities, etc.) that communicate our clients’ products and services and help them to make sales.
The hours are not as arduous as they once were in this industry. We do expect you to work efficiently and effectively but we do not expect you to work for nothing and the package will be competitive and proportionate to your experience and output.
Monday – Friday 37.5 hours per week. Start and finish times are flexible.